K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Privacy Notice
Last updated: June 30, 2018
What Personal Information About Customers Does k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your K9 Dog Beds and K9 Ballistics products, services and experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, services or products. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our online retail experience, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and retain certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses k9dogbeds.com, k9ballistics.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of k9dogbeds.com, k9ballistics.com on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use K9 mobile apps or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this please contact your device provider through their website or phone numbers provided.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Care and Email Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features, recommendations, personalized advertisements on other Web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Do k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries, k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com control that either is subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com, these businesses operate stores at K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com.com or sell offerings to you at K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Contract Preferences or Opt Out of future emails using the unsubscribe link.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that k9dogbeds.com or k9ballistics.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising please email us.
Which Information Can I Access?
K9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com.
- You can add or update certain information on pages.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please contact us.
Are Children Allowed to Use k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com?
K9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell pet products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com participate in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.
K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com and certain of its controlled US Affiliates participate in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively. We have certified with the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal data under Privacy Shield, or about our privacy practices generally, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] We will respond to your inquiry promptly. If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve any complaint relating to the Privacy Shield, or if we fail to acknowledge your complaint in a timely fashion, you can submit your complaint to TRUSTe, which provides an independent third-party dispute resolution service based in the United States. TRUSTe has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. To learn more about TRUSTe's dispute resolution services or to refer a complaint to TRUSTe, visit https://www.trustarc.com/consumer-resources/ If neither K9 Dog Beds, K9 Ballistics nor TRUSTe resolve your complaint, you may pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Panel, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint
We sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
You can review our Privacy Shield registration at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. The K9 Dog Bed and K9 Ballistics, LLC are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit k9dogbeds.com and K9ballistics.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com please contact us and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, review, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services or products such reviews, K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com purchases, order tracking and social media posting.
Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and employ Product Availability Alerts such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photographs submitted via email, to Customer Care Team and Social Media and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. For information about specific devices, contact your mobile device manufacturer directly. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary, Google Internet; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists and gift registries; Seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders, personal profile).
Are Children Allowed to Use k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com?
k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell pet products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. For more information, please see our Children’s Privacy Disclosure.
Children's Privacy Disclosure
Children's privacy is important to k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com. This disclosure and the k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Privacy Notice describe how we handle personal information we collect from children under the age of 13 ("child" or "children").
What Personal Information Does k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Collect From Children
We offer products and services not intended for children, and in some cases, we may know a child is using our products and services (for example, when a pet product is customized with a child’s name). In these situations, children may share and we may collect personal information that requires verifiable parental consent under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (collectively, "Child Personal Information"). Child Personal Information could include, for example, name, birthdate, contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses), voice, photos, videos, location, certain activity and device information, and certain other types of information described in our Privacy Notice. Our Privacy Notice also describes the information we collect that is not Child Personal Information
How Does k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Use Child Personal Information?
We use Child Personal Information to provide and improve our products and services, including personalizing offerings and recommendations for children, communicating information, enforcing parental controls, and giving parents visibility into how their children use our products and services. We will not serve interest-based ads to your child.
Does K9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com Share Child Personal Information?
We share Child Personal Information only as described in our Privacy Notice. Your child may be able to share information publicly and with others depending on the products and services used.
What Choices Do I Have?
You choose whether to give us permission to collect Child Personal Information from your child. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Child Personal Information without this permission.
We make available controls so that you can remain involved in your child's use of k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com services. To learn more about revoking permission for a child or how to review or delete Child Personal Information, please contact our Customer Care Team using the information provided below.
Please note that if you withdraw the permission you have provided for your child or request deletion of Child Personal Information, certain services, and features may no longer be available.
What About Information Collected By Third Parties?
This disclosure does not apply to the practices of any third-party services (including apps, skills, and websites) that may be accessed through a k9dogbeds.com and k9ballistics.com product or service. Before using any third-party service, you should review the applicable terms and policies to determine their appropriateness for your child, including the service’s data collection and use practices.
Still Have Questions?
Please contact us at: [email protected]