Here's another great recipe for a healthy, dog-friendly, home-made treat that is a great source of fiber. We recommend giving your dog organic canned pumpkin. Pumpkin has many health benefits so you can feel confident about safely adding it to your dog’s diet. Not only will they love the taste, but it may also ease stomach issues.
- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin (we recommend canned organic)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, softened
- 4 tablespoons of water, plus more if needed
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the pumpkin, softened coconut oil, and water together in a large bowl.
- Then mix in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder
- Mix it a bit and then stir in the egg.
- Continue to stir until it’s ALL combined. Feel free to add a touch more water in order to get all of the mixture into one solid, slightly sticky ball.
- Once done, roll the dough out on a floured surface to ~1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out treats. These can be as small or as large as you want them depending on the size of your dogs.
- Place prepared dough treats on a lined/ greased baking sheet and bake for ~30 minutes (depending on size) or until dough has hardened.
- Let cool
***If you don’t cook these treats until they’re totally dry and hard (like a traditional dog biscuit) then you need to store these in the refrigerator! Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to put them in the fridge to store them.